Thursday, May 17, 2007

Miscellany

John and I are off to see the King's Singers at the Bury Festival tomorrow night. I saw them with my parents some time in the early 90s in the UK (and have the t-shirt to prove it), and I can't wait to see them again. They're going to be singing mostly madrigals and early music - it's going to be SO good!!

I bought my Mom a notebook from Taylor Made Designs - it's similar to the one that I got Andrea for her birthday and I just couldn't resist. She's been carrying around an old cast-off notebook that I had written Keep OUT (in bubble letters, natch) on - it was time for something a little nicer and they're SO cute.

One other thing - if you're a guy, stop reading. Gone? OK. If you're still reading, check out the Mooncup (UK) or the Divacup(US). I bought a Mooncup after stumbling on a recommendation on another blogger's site about 6 months ago and I haven't looked back. The mooncup is kind of an odd thing to rave about (John's getting a little sick of it), but it's truly awesome - it's cheaper, better for the planet, better for my insides, and generally fantastic. Ok, infomercial over.

Men, you can come back now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Kate!
I'm glad to hear your mum likes her book! When you want to order one for yourself, just let me know so I can give you a discount!

Anonymous said...

Kate, great to hear you are going to King Singer's again. I remember the concert in Peterborough Cathedral (1993?) like yesterday. Do me a favor? Check out the CD's they have on sale, especially the newest ones, and buy any I don't already have? (If in doubt, buy anyway, we can use them as presents!) Can't wait to see you on "your" turf!

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Kate - I meant to tell you about my friend from my trip's business. She makes her own handbags. I think you'd like them - very crafty. :) http://www.hilsidebags.com/
-A