Monday, March 29, 2010

Herdy!

We went to Bury yesterday afternoon and John bought me a copy of the April Martha Stewart Living. I'm not sure how it got into WHSmith in Bury - it was by itself, with no other MSL mags around it, and no other American mags to be found. One of life's great mysteries, I guess.

It turns out to be a special "best of" issue, with lots of fun springy Martha-esque ideas in it AND recipes for "the best" brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate cake. Extensive testing will be necessary.

I'm now on the binding phase of the quilt - I've finished all of the quilting. The binding is taking forever, though - it's machine-sewn onto the front of the quilt and then hand-sewn on the back. Maybe the stitches I'm doing are too close together? I can't really tell. And I can't seem to tuck them under the seams, either - they're out there for the whole world to see. My binding fabric is the creamy floral in the middle of the picture below - if I had it to do again I'd probably bind with one of the blues or the orange.
It still looks pretty awesome, though.


When we were in Clare last weekend, I spotted this shop window display. OMG SHEEP! AND LAMBS! I didn't catch the name of the store. It was filled with great stuff, but it was closed (Sunday afternoon). Probably a good thing, in terms of my wallet. The company that makes all the sheep stuff is called The Herdy Company, although I couldn't find the mugs from the display on their website. Sigh. They DO have some really gorgeous wool blankets and throws, made from Herdwick wool. I think the blue and grey throw wants to come and live with us. I can hear it calling my name.


And this sundial was on the wall of the church, above the entrance. I love the message, "Go about your Business." As in, stop standing here and gawping at the sundial, you lazy bum. Heh. Off you go, then!

No comments: