Saturday, February 9, 2013

Snawpaws, finished!

I mean, seriously. How could I not knit matching mittens for my super-excellent snawheid? Especially when Kate Davies was offering the snawpaws pattern for half price to those of us who had already bought snawheid?

I know.

I cast on, had a wonderful 10-hour-round-trip to Durham in the car for epic knitting sessions (thank you, husband!), and now I have warm paws!




To match my warm heid.


I'm not 100% sure about the length - a lot of people on Ravelry went down to 5 rows of snowflakes, rather than the suggested 6. They are rather long on me but very warm, and I think ripping one set of snowflakes out would make them a little bit too short.


In keeping with the wintry theme, this picture was taken from my office window, a few weeks ago. The frost on everything was absolutely stunning.


No comments: