Sunday, October 23, 2011

Oliver & S: Jump Rope Dress

When I was in New York, Gabi's mom mentioned that Gabi was going to be Annie for Halloween. You know, red curls and all.

So I volunteered to make her dress. And then at a number of points thought I had bitten off more than I could chew.

I went to Purl Soho. I could have spent days there. Easily. So much color, so many beautiful fabrics. And I didn't even buy any yarn!

Gorgeous.

Anyway, I managed to find the now-discontinued Oliver & S Jump Rope Dress pattern. SO cute.


I'm not an experienced seamstress. This dress involved my first collar, my first sleeves, my first placket, my first buttonholes, and my first pockets. Um, this could have gone REALLY badly. 

Thank you, Oliver & S, for writing a completely idiot-proof pattern. I loved making it, and it only took me a weekend plus a little bit.

Please pardon the picture - I finished it on a Tuesday night and wanted to get it in the mail so didn't wait for a weekend to take a picture in "real" light. I can't wait to see (pictures of) Gabi-Annie all dressed up!


No comments: