Monday, November 14, 2011

More Rusby!

Kate Rusby's new Christmas album is out today. I was going to resist the Christmas creep, but who am I kidding? It's excellent. Tomorrow might be a Rusby day on the iPod. With a little Tori mixed in for good measure. It sure is dark enough outside at 3:45, anyway. Small sadness: her closest tour venues to us are Nottingham (sold out) and London (on a night we can't do). Oh well, we had a good run with Ipswich, Norwich, Peterborough, and Bury St Edmunds. Hmm...I might have a Rusby addiction.



I stumbled across this post from a transatlantic blogger, In the Left Lane, and laughed out loud.

My only amendments would be to change the first dates to 2006 and to add a few.

UK 2006: Why are all these cars so teeny tiny?
US 2011: How are these cars all so gigantic?! How do you people ever park?

UK 2006: Woah. This gas sure is expensive!
US 2011: HOLY CRAP this petrol is cheap!

John didn't find it as funny as I did...then again it's a fairly narrow subset of humanity who would.

3 comments:

Vivren said...

Haha! I went to that blog and read the post. Hilarious!!

Beth said...

Hi, Kate. Thanks so much for your thoughts on my post--I 100% agree with your assessment.

I checked out Kate Rusby, thanks to your post, and now I'm listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving. I blame you entirely :)

Minnie said...

Bury Bach Choir ... Britten's Ceremony of Carols ... Rutter arrangements ... The Coventry Carol ... Kate Rusby (heavenly, isn't she?): golly, Kate, you have seriously good taste in music (:-))!
Happy New Year & best wishes for your continued appreciation of life among the South Saxons.