Sunday, June 3, 2012

Recipe: Grandma's onion vinaigrette

I've always loved artichokes. (Sadly, John is not a fan). My family likes them too, so we had them fairly often during the summers when I was growing up. I've since found out a few things. 

First, a lot of people have never eaten an artichoke and have no idea what to do with it.

Second, nobody else that I've ever met has eaten them with anything other than melted butter. Except my family. Who eats them with my grandmother's onion vinaigrette. YUM.

My mom used to make this in her older-than-I-am Tupperware quick-shake, and we would eat what most people would consider to be excessive amounts of vinaigrette with our artichokes.

Oh, and there's a secret ingredient which most people are scandalised by. I've looked around the web and I can't find many similar recipes!

Recipe: Grandma's onion vinaigrette (for artichokes)
Makes enough for one artichoke, if you're like me...

Ingredients:
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
3 tbs olive oil
1 tbs vinegar (cider, white wine, or red wine)
1 tbs ketchup

Mix until emulsified, and enjoy.



No comments: