Thursday, April 25, 2013

Great British Sewing Bee

I was somewhat of a snob when they announced the Great British Sewing Bee, and missed the first episode when it aired live. However, I quickly caught up, thanks to the magic of iPlayer. I am definitely not enough of a seamstress to be able to go on the show, but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute (and am excited for the next series).

I also found two great craft blogs as a result: Guthrie & Ghani and Tilly and the Buttons. Both Lauren and Tilly were contestants on the show and both of them are amazingly creative seamstresses. LOVE!

In the grand scheme of "The BBC Is Awesome," we loved this week's Doctor Who - deliciously creepy and scary, and featuring Jessica Raine from Call the Midwife. Perfect. Television. Thank you, BBC.

One more thing I love: these Boursin Minis that we found in Tesco. YUM. They're about the size of mini-marshmallows and are devilishly good for snacking or putting on salads or in omelettes. Must buy more. Also, the pot they come in is v. cute.


No comments: