Sunday, May 14, 2006

Zonked

Worked in London on Friday and Saturday to help John with the big work move. Spent all day yesterday crawling around under desks to plug in and wire up computers. It's exhausting work- we were thoroughly knackered when we finished last night.

There wasn't much to do today, so since it was a fairly grey afternoon anyway, I hopped on a train back to Stowmarket. While I was on the train, the iPod shuffled its way to a song that will be perfect for the first dance at the wedding. I was really stressing about picking one, and I'm so glad that I found one. Not telling yet, though. I can't believe the wedding is less than 3 weeks away- John and I have been saying, "when we're married..." for what seems like forever, and it's suddenly going to happen. Yikes!

In my decompression after the weekend, I finished reading the last of the Dark Materials books- I really enjoyed it. I agree with C's comment about how Pullman goes on a Christianity rant, which is rather annoying, but I'm trying to resolve it with the rest of the stuff he was talking about. I'd love to find out more about what else Pullman's written- if there's any non-fiction where he writes about his views on religion. The optimist in me wants to think that he was just writing about the bad religion in the fictional world, but I'm not sure if that's true. Either way, the books were really good. And I wish I had a dæmon.

No comments: