Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The honeymoon, in a snapshot


My darling husband John, behind the camera.

I went back to Ickworth today- in case you haven't heard, I didn't get the Aldeburgh job. Apparently someone was more qualified than I was. Which freaks me out, since I was about as qualified for the job as I could imagine anyone being. Apparently in the UK (according to my Ickworth peeps) it's perfectly acceptable to email/call and find out why you didn't get the job. I'm on it, tomorrow. But it's kind of disheartening, since there are basically 2 big music employers in Suffolk (and for the UK, for that matter): Aldeburgh and Music Sales. Hmmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate, I'm so sorry to read you didn't get the job. Can only assume the 'more qualified' person was someone they already know, but obviously they can't tell you that. Try not to be too upset about it. All will work out in the end, I'm sure, even if you can't imagine how, right now. Take care, M x