Saturday, July 22, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle of the Cheekbones

Ok, I totally didn't think that up. It was A.O.Scott in the New York Times. His review is here. John and I went to see it this evening in Bury...it was 2 1/2 hours of swashbuckling good fun. Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom are v. hot, and the movie was surprisingly entertaining. I had been moaning about not wanting to see it, but I'm glad John dragged me. It's not going to win any Oscars but it's definitely worth the $8 movie ticket.

I'm reading White Teeth (not as good as everyone says it is) and Watching the English (better than everyone says it is). According to Watching, I'm doing all kinds of things wrong, but I get special dispensation because I'm American. Phew. Gotta keep that accent...I can get away with all kinds of stuff.

I also did a Tarot reading for the prospective job that's coming up...it basically said that I would get the job but end up with all kinds of financial problems. Oh joy. Here are the cards, in case anyone cares:

Who knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate, wouldn't say the cards are saying that. I'll email you what I think those cards might be saying. That's the problem I have with tarot, can mean so many things, a lot's down to interpretation, only time will tell.
Glad you enjoyed Pirates, double dose of chisselled cheeks can never be bad. Yet to see myself. M x