Saturday, July 1, 2006

More Risk

When we picked James up from school yesterday, the first thing out of his mouth (not "Hi Daddy!" Hi Kate!") was "Can we play Risk? I almost won last time and I want to play again and Daddy can play too and then I might take over the world if I..."

So I guess he's not mad at me. :)

We're headed over to Julia's this afternoon to watch England v. Portugal (and meet her new kitten...aww). I'm eternally optimistic, so I'm convinced England is going all the way. John, on the other hand, is much more of a realist (read: pessimist), and doesn't want to watch the game because he knows England will lose. We'll see what happens.

I'm following the zillions of leads from my various meetings- there are a surprising number of small music orgs that are coming out of the woodwork in Suffolk. And there are a few leads in London...but it's an hour and a half on the train and it's £426.30 ($788.27 at today's exchange rate) for a MONTHLY pass (if you include the subway card it's £483.90). The comparable ticket from New Ro is $159.74 (not including the subway) and a monthly ticket from Cold Spring (NY), which takes the same amount of time as the Stowmarket-London run is $283.22). So yeah, the job in London would have to pay REALLY well to make it even vaguely worth it. Subtracting £500 from my monthly salary at a lot of places doesn't leave me with a whole lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee! Sounds like the games really went over :)