Monday, May 2, 2011

Cookies & Scones

We couldn't watch Friday's wedding without some Real English Food. So I made Delia's scones (from my new book, naturally). The recipe I used doesn't seem to be on her website. 


Also, it was supposed to make rather more scones than it made. Never mind, they were delicious. We inhaled them as soon as they came out of the oven, so there's no "after" picture! The mat they're on was a present from my mom (thanks, Mom!) - it's one of those non-stick silicone jobbies. Nice.


Who's that, taking a picture of the tv (and assorted clutter around the tv)? Not me! Ok, maybe I did. But it's SO CUTE. That's our Easter tree on the right.


I felt a pressing need to make cookies on Saturday evening, so I grabbed my Paula Deen cookbook. Again with the recipe not on the internet...bah. James announced that oatmeal raisin cookies were YUCKY, so we added some dark chocolate chunks. He made a batch to take home with him and then forgot to bring them when he left. Too bad - more for me! Sorry for not posting the recipe - I'm upstairs and it's downstairs and I'm lazy. So there.

No comments: