Sunday, May 1, 2011

Review: A Fine Balance

One of my book group buddies registered for Rohinton Mistry's A Fine Balance for World Book Night this year.

It was quite long, but definitely had an immersive feel to it - I found myself surprised when I picked my head up that I wasn't in a slum in India. The interactions between the characters were very well drawn, and I found myself coming back to it to find out what would happen next. There were a few scenes that I wished I hadn't been eating breakfast while reading, so be warned. I'd recommend it, though - I read it nearly 2 months ago and the characters have stayed with me.

When we haven't been reading, we've been sanding and painting and varnishing. Kanga seems to be loving the attention (although she keeps calling attention to bits that need mending...)


We had some bourbon in the house, so I looked on the interwebs and found a recipe where you mix bourbon with ginger ale. John picked up some Fever Tree ginger ale (which I like to drink when I'm under the weather). YUM!

No comments: