Saturday, January 13, 2007

MOOSE!

Our apartment smells like hyacinths. It's glorious. I bought a mysterious pot plant with some pansies primroses (thanks, Lizzie!) and 3 unidentified green leafy stalky things when we were at the market in Felixstowe last weekend, and after some major TLC at work, they've turned out the be the most wonderful smelling and enthusiastic hyacinths.

Here they are, in all their glory:


This morning we made pancakes for James - I tried to make him a mickey mouse one and it ended up looking more like Moose than anything else. He totally enjoyed the Mooseness of it. Didn't get a chance to take a picture before he devoured it, though.

Oh, and the contest is still open for the slipper naming - Mom & Dad have made a request to have more time. :)

3 comments:

Jamie F. said...

oooh, i'm jealous of your hyacinths! they're v. pretty.

Unknown said...

Thanks...I like them too :)

Lizzie said...

I am too! But aren't the other ones primroses? I only know that because I killed more than my share of primroses in college. Love the smell of hyacinth- enjoy!