Monday, March 6, 2006

The Curious Incident of the Sinus Infection

After 2 weeks of on-again, off-again coldy-fluy stuff, my body has finally caved in to a sinus infection. After being a complete monster to my lovely and caring fiance, I trooped off to our local National Health office, where they were v. accomodating and sent me off £60 lighter but with lots of medicine. Try getting out of an American doc's office & pharmacy with no insurance for under $100. And they said something about claiming it back on my US insurance...so I have all the reciepts.

I'm now officially on the mend, and spent an hour this afternoon exorcising the Sinus Demons from the flat...mostly involving changing all the beds and opening all the windows.

For some reason, this morning, I was craving deviled eggs, so I made some. Oh, the joys of having a kitchen and the Food Network search on Firefox. And having my appetite back.

While making the deviled eggs (and baked potato...I haven't eaten a non-squishy meal in a few days), I sat down to read a few pages of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, which Emily had loaned me, and before I knew it, I'd finished it. It's a really good book...go read it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes! 'tis a wonderful little book indeed!

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather for so long, Kate. Glad you're on the mend now, with the right medicine to help! Take care, M x

Anonymous said...

I've read it too -- quite good indeed.

Feel better!

(Maybe you need some Central American weather? Feel free to come visit...high 80s during the day and haven't seen cloud cover here in weeks)

Evan